Monday, April 27, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Good Morning,

The sun is shining and the temps are on the rise for today and the rest of the week. Hopefully I will get the yard in order and some planting done this afternoon.

After all the pics yesterday and still no stats, I have started a new project because of this.
It is the basket that sits under my cutting table and it is full. Time to clear it out. This is the project I chose. I will use the same neutral(from stash) throughout, it calms me and gives me a sense of control. lol
I love quilts set on point and this is a 2 block quilt by Bonnie Hunter in the newest issue of Quiltmaker, called Garden Party. Perfect for my needs, the framed nine patch blocks are complete as well as the setting triangle blocks and the corners. Now as I pull fabrics out of the basket, I cut the alternate blocks or put them into strips for the strip drawers or make them into 2 inch squares for this:
Don't forget to visit all the other wonderful walls at Patchwork Times!

As Always, 

Deb


4 comments:

  1. That Bonnie quilt is on my list too! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was not for the basket, it would be on my list also but you do what ya gotta to! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is on my list also. I need to finish a couple more projects before I start. I love the red in this quilt! Isn't it fun to have so much variety in the blocks and so much control with a background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is now my leader/Ender project while I work on others to finish them up. My reds are getting mighty low after the last few projects, maybe I will have to enhance the stash! Thanks for stopping Judy!

      Delete